Grasp the Concept of Mental Health and Wellness
Learn more about the scope of my services at Transformational Coaching Ltd. If you have any questions and concerns, feel free to contact me so I can answer it and include it on the FAQs as follows:
What is Hypnosis and How Does it Work?
- Hypnosis can be described as being in a very natural and relaxed state, during which your subconscious mind is receptive to suggestions,
- You are aware of your surroundings, hear all the environmental activity that occurs around you, and can respond to any urgency that occurs unexpectedly.
- There are a number of hypnotic depth levels, where each has its place and value. I work on Alpha level, which is a very light level, where your mind is fully active, awake, and receptive to conversational therapeutic talk;
- You are in full control of yourself at all times, and will not do anything that you will not ordinarily do, or accept as permissible.
- Please do not confuse Clinical Hypnotherapy with stage hypnosis, where individuals are instructed to do silly things in order to create entertainment for the audience.
How Does It Feel to be Hypnotised?
- You feel very relaxed, and it can be described as a feeling similar to when you drift off to sleep;
- The feeling is close to that of daydreaming;
- You can still hear and register the cat purring, a car going by etc.
What Is Hypnotherapy?
- Hypnotherapy can be likened to meditation;
- The major difference between the two is that with Hypnotherapy you are given positive suggestions that will assist you in achieving your goals. Meditation is geared to empty the mind of worries and issues that inhibit your daily life;
- The similarity is that both use relaxation as a mechanism to achieve the desired state.
What Type of Approach Will You Take to My Problem?
- Firstly, I will take down some details, and ask you to describe the nature of your complaint.
- I will take some notes, outlining the scope and some critical issues related to your problem.
- Your answers will provide me with enough details that will indicate the best course of action to take.
- Once this has been completed, I will discuss the therapeutic approach I recommend.
- This process takes around 15 to 20 minutes on average during your first session;
- I strictly operate on an informed consent basis.
- You will receive some homework to do on a daily basis that takes around 30 to 45 minutes to complete. Most people do this at night just before going to bed.
What Happens If I Forget Some of What I Have Learnt in a Session?
- Your memory will be as it usually serves you;
- Any part that you have forgotten will be addressed during a session, particularly if it is important that you develop a skill set essential to your ability to overcome your current issue;
- I will record your Hypnotherapy session, and provide you with a digital recording thereof in a format of your choice – Via Dropbox, memory stick, or CD. Your recording will assist you with your daily homework in between your scheduled sessions.
What Happens If I Forget Some of What I Have Learnt in a Session?
• Hypnosis is safe, and your suitability for hypnotherapy specifically is tested against a checklist of criteria;
- These include whether there is an established psychiatric diagnosis or medication being taken at present;
- The presence of medical conditions such as poorly controlled diabetes, or epilepsy;
- Regular substance abuse such as prescription and/or illicit drug use e.g. Methamphetamine, cocaine, cannabis, alcohol, etc.;
- Level of fatigue at time of appointment etc.;
- This list is not complete, but serves as an elementary indicator that there are circumstances where hypnotherapy may need to be deferred in total, or perhaps just on a specific occasion;
• As far as side effects are concerned, you may feel so relaxed that you fall asleep!
• Hypnotherapy was deemed safe and an acceptable treatment by both the British – and American Medical Associations as early as the 1950’s.
How Much Will the Treatment Cost Me?
- This will be discussed with you at the time of your first contact..
- Fee can be paid via cash and electronic facilities such as EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal or internet banking.
What Happens After the Treatment Has Finished?
Once you have completed your recommended treatment schedule, I will follow up with you 2 weeks after your last session. Any issues that pop up related to your treatment are addressed immediately.
How Many Sessions Will It Take to Complete My Treatment?
- Each program is unique and tailored to the individual’s needs;
- On average most clients require between 3 – 5 sessions, and these are spaced over a number of weeks;
Do You Have Any Late-Night Appointments Available?
- Do You Have Any Late-Night Appointments Available?
Can I come to your office?
- Ordinarily no, but given certain circumstances and meeting selective criteria on my part, it can be arranged;
- Alternatively, we can have a session using Skype to communicate.
What Is Expected of Me During the Treatment?
- Please be on time for your appointment, and let me know if you are delayed;
- Failure to cancel may incur a penalty fee, to cover my expenses at the facility where we were scheduled to meet;
- Kindly reschedule no later than 24 hours prior to the appointment time, if your circumstances change;
- A reminder text message will be sent to your mobile phone 24 hours before your appointment, to remind you of the date, time, and venue.
Do I have to come alone to sessions or can I bring someone along?
- You are welcome to bring a support person with you to your appointment.;
- It is mandatory that if you are in need of a caregiver for your basic needs, that this person accompanies you to your appointment;
- The only requirement is that during the therapeutic stage this person remains quiet, and does not interject or interfere with proceedings at any stage;
- Clients under the age of 16 must have their guardian/support person in attendance, to comply with legal requirements surrounding being a minor in terms of age, but also to clarify the requirements and compliance with the Privacy Act.
Which Conditions Are Suitable and Can Benefit From Hypnotherapy?
• Business and Lifestyle Issues:
- Enhance Motivation and Increase Confidence
- Getting Over Blocks and Performance Fears
- Quit Smoking
- Manage Stress and Improve Relaxation
- Overcome Addictions Such As Gambling, Alcohol and Drugs
- Sexual Dysfunction and Problems
- Manage Anger, Road Rage Etc.
- Fear of Public Speaking
- Struggling With Weight Loss
- Phobias and Fears
- Fatigue and Poor Work Life Balance Problems
- Fears and Phobias
- Preparing for Childbirth - Please note that I do not offer hypnotherapy services for pregnancy and birthing related requirements.
- Habits such as nail biting, bed wetting, hair pulling, and thumb sucking.